No bake Chocolate Coconut Cashew Bars, made in 3 easy steps! These no bake chocolate bars are vegan, paleo, grain free, and gluten free. Perfect for snacking on the go or a healthy dessert. No oils, flourless, and made with simple wholesome ingredients!
- 1 1/4 cup dried unsulphured figs or about 5-6 ounces (stems cut off)
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened Coconut Flakes (plus extra for topping)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash of sea salt (1/4 tsp)
- 1/3 to 2/3 cup or more of dark chocolate or vegan dark chocolate chips to melt
- optional add-ins 1 tbsp protein powder, chia, nuts, cocoa powder.
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Next make sure your dried figs have all the stems cut off.
- Place cashew, coconut, salt, vanilla, and figs in food processor.
- Blend until all is mixed well but not pureed. See pictures above.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and press down well. See notes if you are not getting it to stick well.
- While the fig/cashew mix sets in pan, melt your dark chocolate.
- Place dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl or on stove top. Heat until melted. About 60-90 seconds in microwave mixing half way.
- You can also use my homemade magic chocolate shell recipe if you want a thicker chocolate coat.
- Next pour the chocolate over the cashew coconut batter and spread it evenly in the dish to cover all. noted if you need more dark chocolate to cover, just melt an additional 1/4 cup.
- Sprinkle extra coconut and dash of sea salt on top of chocolate (evenly).
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes or fridge for a few hrs.
- Once they are hardened, remove from fridge.
- Slice into bars and wrap each one in foil for a quick grab and go bar. Or store in an air tight container.
- Best kept in fridge for freshness.
- Feel free to freezer for up to 8-10 weeks. These really do keep well!