An easy recipe for Strawberry Basil Lemonade to help you stay cool and refreshed through the hot summer days!
- 1 c lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 7 strawberries whole
- 15 leaves basil -or to taste
- 5 tbs honey or agave (+more to taste)
- 7 strawberries sliced
- 3 c Ice + more
- 5-6 c water flat or sparkling
- 5 basil blossoms for garnish optional
- In the bowl of a small food processor or blender, add the lemon juice, 7 whole strawberries and 5 basil leaves. Process until smooth.
- Transfer the strawberry puree to a pitcher and stir in the honey or agave. Add the filtered or sparkling water and stir to combine. Adjust taste with more honey if you like.
- Add the sliced strawberries and the remaining basil leaves and refrigerate until ready to serve over lots of ice. Garnish with some tiny basil leaves and the basil blossoms if available.