This Baba Ganoush is a popular Middle Eastern eggplant dip. Enjoy it with fresh vegetables or pita bread. Vegan & gluten-free!
- 1 large eggplant, around 375 grams
- 3-4 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, more to drizzle before serving
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt, to taste
- parsley or cilantro, to garnish
- Apply little oil and then poke the eggplant all over with a knife. Place directly on medium flame and roast till it's done. Remember to turn it after every few minutes so that it gets roasted from all sides. You would know it's done when you are able to insert a knife easily inside the eggplant. It will take around 15 minutes. Once done, remove eggplant from heat, wrap in a foil and let it cool down.
- Once the eggplant has cooled down, remove all the charred skin. Transfer the flesh of the eggplant to a food processor and pulse 2-3 times.
- Add tahini, 1 tablespoon olive oil and pulse to combine.
- Get full recipe==>>cookwithmanali.com