Learn how to make Perfect Choux Pastry (Or Pate a Choux!) - A great basic troubleshooting guide to make sure you get perfect Choux Pastry every Single time!
- 8 oz water
- 4 oz unsalted butter cubed and at room temp.
- 4.5 oz AP flour sifted
- 8 oz eggs weighed without the shell, about 4 large eggs
- generous pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp white sugar optional
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place salt, water, sugar (if using) and butter in a saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally. When the water is just starting to boil (butter should be melted at this point), add the flour in one go (do this with the saucepan away from the stove/heat) and vigorously mix the flour in so that it absorbs all of the water (use a wooden spoon or spatula to do this). When the flour has absorbed the water and it's forming a dough, return the pan to the stove (medium heat).
- Cook the dough for 2-5 minutes while you mix and move it around in the pan until you get a dough that pulls away from the sides of the pan, forms oil droplets on the surface and when you stick a spoon in the dough, it stays upright.
- Get full recipe==>>theflavorbender.com