Tender beef slow cooked in a creamy mushroom sauce, and served over a bed of cauliflower rice for a simple weeknight dinner. This variation of beef stroganoff is also dairy-free, Paleo, and Whole 30 compliant!
- 1.5 lbs sirloin steak tips or lean stew beef cut into small pieces*
- 1/2 large white onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 10 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/4 cup beef broth**
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or GF tamari soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk or coconut cream
- 3 tbsp arrowroot starch***
- 2 tbsp water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:For your Slow Cooker:
- Place beef inside your slow cooker, and top with onions, mushrooms, and garlic.
- In a separate bowl, mix together broth, soy sauce, vinegar, onion powder, and garlic powder. Pour on top of beef and vegetables.
- Set your slow cooker to low and cook for 5 hours.
- At the five hour mark, add coconut cream.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together arrowroot starch and water. Add to slow cooker.
- Let simmer for another 30 mins - 1 hour or until sauce is thickened and beef is tender.
- Serve over cauliflower rice, or rice.
- Get full recipe==>>wholesomelicious.com