One of my favorite things about ordering takeout is how many yummy things there are to choose from… my absolute favorite thing to order is chicken in garlic sauce (which I’m on the hunt for a killer recipe for), but my verrrrrry close second favorite is cashew chicken. I love that savory sauce, tender chicken, and crunchy cashews… it’s just about a perfect combination.
- 3 pieces chicken breasts cut into bite sized
- 2 tsp hoisin sauce
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 c . oil
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 green onions sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 8 tsp sugar
- 4 tsp white vinegar
- sesame seeds
- cashews as many as you'd like
- Slice chicken breasts into bite sized pieces. Pour 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 2 tsp of hoisin sauce into a bowl. Place chicken in soy sauce. Let sit.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, and vinegar. Slice the green onions, mince garlic, and measure out red pepper flakes (if using).
- Get full recipe==>>thechunkychef.com