This savory vegan white bean “chicken” chili is made with jackfruit, and it’s guaranteed to fool your carnivorous friends. Shhhhh…..
- 2 tablespoons of avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (optional) - it can be added for a more viscous texture.
- 1 large Vidalia onion – chopped
- 4 celery ribs – chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper – seeds removed and chopped
- 1 Anaheim pepper – seeds removed and chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic – minced
- 4 15 ounce cans of Great Northern white beans – drained and rinsed well
- 1 quart of no-chicken or regular vegetable broth
- 5 cups of water
- 1 cup of white wine
- 3 tablespoons of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of ground sea salt – you can add less or more according to your taste and dietary needs
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried ground parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon of white pepper
- 1 17 ounce can of jack fruit in water – chopped
- 1/4 cup of cornmeal + 4 tablespoons of water – stir until smooth
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- Heat the avocado oil in a large stock pot on medium-high heat, add the onions and celery and cook until they begin to soften.
- Add the bell and Anaheim peppers and cook for approximately 6-8 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Get full recipe==>>veganosity.com