These Whole “Cheeseburger” Skillet are Whole30 and Paleo friendly. A great egg-free breakfast option and perfect for meal prepping! It’s also quick and easy.
- 1 lb ground beef (or any ground protein of choice)
- 2 yukon potatoes, diced
- ½ large onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard (I use French’s yellow mustard)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)*
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt, separated
- 2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper, separated
- Avocado oil
- Crumbled bacon
- Diced onions
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Animal Style sauce
- Ranch dressing
- Hot sauce
- Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat with about 1 tbsp of avocado oil.
- Add potatoes to skillet, season with 1 tsp of kosher salt and black pepper. Saute potatoes until they start turning golden brown on each side and are cooked 90% of the way through. This will take about 10-15 minutes.
- Once potatoes start to turn golden brown, remove from skillet and set aside. Lower heat to medium.
- Add onions and garlic to skillet. Saute until onions become translucent and garlic is fragrant.
- Mix in ground beef and remaining ingredients to skillet: mustard, tomato paste, nutritional yeast, onion powder, garlic powder, kosher salt and black pepper.
- Combine ground beef with seasoning, cook until most of the ground beef is no longer pink, then add potatoes back to the skillet and cook until ground beef and potatoes are cooked through.
- Serve with suggested toppings.