Fresh strawberry ice-cream during strawberry season is the best! This dairy free vegan recipe is not only delicious and soft, but easy to make!
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups full fat original canned coconut milk
- 1 cup light canned coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- Remove stems from strawberries and finely chop. Place strawberries in a large bowl and stir in sugar. Let stand for 1/2 hour, stirring frequently until sugar is dissolved.
- Add coconut milks (or optional milk and cream). Using the ice-cream attachment for your stand-mixer according to manufacturer directions, process mixture for 30 minutes. Pour into a loaf pan, or other desired container. Cover tightly with plastic wrap or the lid to your container. Freeze overnight or several hours until mixture is frozen through. Enjoy!
- This recipe makes 1 quart of ice-cream.
- You can substitute the full fat canned coconut milk for: 1 cup of milk and 1 1/2 cups thin cream