These Crispy baked zucchini fries are made with Japanese panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Serve the zucchini fries with ranch dressing as a healthy and delicious snack.
- 3 small zucchinis about 12 oz
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Ground black pepper
- 2 cups Japanese panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 425F. Slice the zucchinis into 3-inch length by 1/2-inch thick strips. In a bowl, add the salt and 3 dashes of ground black pepper to the eggs, beat well. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a big plate or container (not bowl), mix the panko and Parmesan cheese together. Working in batches, drop some zucchini strips into the beaten eggs. Then take each zucchini strip out of the egg mixture, shaking off the excess before rolling with the panko mixture, pressing gently to coat well. Transfer the zucchini strip to the baking sheet. Repeat the above until done.
- Bake, rotating sheets and turning the zucchino fries half way through, until golden brown and crispy, about 20 to 25 minutes. Serve immediately with Ranch dressing.