This Thick And Creamy Soup Is Full Of Delicious Vegetables Including Broccoli, Potatoes, And Carrots, Plus Lots Of Cheese And Delicious Seasonings. Loaded Broccoli Potato Cheese Soup Is The Ultimate Cheesy Broccoli Soup Recipe. With How Hearty And Filling It Is, This Soup Is A Popular Recipe Year Round!
- 2 14.5 oz cans chicken broth
- 4 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-3 large carrots peeled and diced
- 4 medium potatoes peeled and cubed into small pieces
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 small heads broccoli washed and diced small
- 3 TB butter
- 1/3 c flour
- 3 1/2 c milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic pepper
- 6 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- In a large pot combine chicken broth, carrots potatoes and onion powder. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli, cover and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- While simmering, melt butter in a large sauce pan. Whisk in the flour and cook for another minute (or until golden brown). Whisk in milk and cook for an additional 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add cheese and stir until it is all melted. Add salt and garlic pepper. Pour cheese sauce into the large pot and stir until well combined.
- Add more milk for a thinner consistency and add any additional salt and pepper needed. Top with bacon pieces.
- Serve warm.