These The Best Chocolate Cream Pie Bites are great for a crowd, and perhaps even better as a bite-sized treat to share with a loved one on a special occasion.
- Homemade All Butter Pie Crust or 2 pre-made, ready to roll pie crusts
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 egg yolks + 1 egg for egg wash
- 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- bittersweet chocolate curls, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour (or use nonstick cooking spray) a mini-muffin pan. Set aside.
- Roll the dough or pie crust out on a floured surface with a floured rolling pin.
- Using a round cookie or biscuit cutter (approximately 3 inches diamater) cut at least 24 rounds out ( or 12 rounds of each pie crust, if using store bought)
- Carefully press each round into the mini-muffin pan. Use your fingers to round the ends into a pie crust. Brush egg wash from one egg to the top edges of each pie.
- Get full recipe==>>sugarapron.com