Chicken Parmesan is one of the dishes at every Italian restaurant in the US. I know why: it’s delicious! My baked chicken parmesan is fast, grain free, low carb, keto, & and kid approved!
- 2.5 - 3 lb chicken breast
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp dried basil
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tbsp dried minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 cup jarred marinara sauce
- 6 oz shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Beat egg in one small wide bowl. In a second bowl combine the parmesan cheese with all the spices and mix.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg and then the cheese, coating both sides. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 min.
- Top each piece with sauce and then shredded mozzarella. Bake for another 10-20 min until the chicken is 160 degrees when checked with a meat thermometer and the cheese is melted and bubbly.