This recipe for vegan sugar cookies that hold their shape is so amazing. Yummy, soft cookies that don't spread. Awesome.
- 1 cup coconut oil, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- Juice from one can of beans (about 1/2 cup) – I used pinto beans
- 2 tspn baking powder
- 1 1/2 tspn vanilla extract (clear–please please use clear)
- 3 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cream sugar and oil together.
- Add bean juice and extract. Mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- Mix flour and baking powder together well in a separate bowl.
- Add flour/baking powder mixture to the sugar mixture in 1/3 increments.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Dough will be crumbly, but turn it out anyway and simply work with it the way it is.
- Using a roller, roll out the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Do not work any thinner than that or the dough will crumble apart when you try to transfer it to the baking sheet.
- Cut your cookies out and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. The cookies will not be brown, but you don’t want them to be. If they’re browned, they’ll be too crispy and they’ll fall apart when you try to ice them. So, just 10 minutes. Nothing more.
- There’s an amazing twist to this recipe: you just feel free to eat them straight out of the oven. No need for cooling–other than to cool enough that they won’t burn you. But, these don’t need to cool to be stiff. So nice. Love it!