Our chicken taco casserole is simple and flavorful. It’s low carb cheesy goodness in a casserole dish – so good you might just eat it out of the casserole dish.
- 1 lb chicken tenders, cut into bitesize pieces
- 1 Tbs taco seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can RoTel Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 8 oz shredded taco cheese
- black olives (optional)
- green onions (optional)
- Over medium heat, cook chicken with taco seasoning until chicken is just cooked through.
- In a medium bowl, mix sour cream, drained can of RoTel tomatoes and 4 oz of taco cheese
- In an 8x8 casserole, spread chicken evenly on the bottom
- Top with sour cream mixture
- Sprinkle remaining 4 oz of cheese on top
- Garnish with slicked black olives and chopped green onions (optional)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve alone or over rice. We used cauliflower rice for a low carb option